Páginas

quinta-feira, 13 de outubro de 2005

Harold Pinter
"who in his plays uncovers the precipice under everyday prattle and forces entry into oppression's closed rooms"


Prémio Nobel da Literatura 2005


– Hello. Good morning.

– Good morning, good morning, Mr Pinter. Congratulations. I’m calling from the official website of the Nobel Foundation.

– Yes. Well, thank you very much.

– It’s fantastic news for us here; and I would like to hear what your thoughts were when you received the news.

– Well, I’ve ... I’ve been absolutely speechless. I am ... I’m overwhelmed by the news, very deeply moved by the news. But I can’t really articulate what I feel.

– You didn’t have any idea it could come your way, did you?

– No idea whatsoever! No. So I’m just bowled over.

– There’s so much to talk about. But I would like just to ask you what, in your career, you think has been the most important, what has the most ...

– I cannot answer ... I can’t answer these questions.

– No, I understand.

– There’s nothing more I can say, except that I am deeply moved; and, as I say, I have no words at the moment. I shall have words by the time I get to Stockholm.

– You will be coming to Stockholm?

– Oh, yes.

– Okay. Thank you, Sir.

– Okay?

– Thank you.

– Thank you very much.

– Thank you.

Harold Pinter website

Sem comentários: